Mar 31, 2012

Spinach Banana Shake

Let's face it. This is the tree in front of my apartment. It went from this:


To this, within one single week:


Is just depressing.

But, let's look at this situation on the bright side, in a glass-half-full kinda way. Because I'm cheesy like that.

There's still time to work on those pale legs and flabby arms of mine. There's time before it gets so hot I can no longer hide inside my North Face. So, here's to eating healthier-



I know, you are probably rolling your eyes thinking, not green juice again! But believe me, this does NOT taste anything like spinach. It's so delicious and it helps you pack more greens into your diet. I like to add yogurt and flex seeds to pack some pro-biotic culture and fiber in there, but you don't have to.

I swear. Just close your eyes and try a sip. You won't regret it!

Spinach Banana Shake

1 ripe banana
1 cup packed spinach, or as much as you can stuff into to the magic bullet after putting the banana in
Soy milk
Water
1 tbsp ground flexseed (optional)
Yogurt (optional)
Juice of half a lime (optional)

Put the banana and spinach into the blender/ magic bullet. If using, add ground flexseed, yogurt, and lime juice. Fill half the cup with soy milk, and the other half with water. Blend until smooth.

If you are using a regular blender, you can first add the banana, spinach, milk, and a little bit of water. After pulsing a few times, add water until desired consistency is achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment